Accompanying the introduction of a new, clean fuel in Europe is very demanding on us personally and it requires a lot of time and patience. We held and hold countless meetings that lead to nowhere in order to get the few ones that will make a difference. This costs us money and this money comes from your membership fees as well as your donations.
LNG Europe is a non-profit association. The establishment of LNG (liquefied methane gas) as the backbone fuel for heavy transport will require the following means in order to serve the public good best. Any activities reserved for public authorities are not in the ambit of LNG Europe.
Means to reach those goals
With respect to techno-science and economics
- Collection of all scientific and technological advances in Europe and outside on LNG and methane as a fuel. Information of member of the association and interested circles, either through public speeches and workshops but also in publications of all kind.
- Execute research projects concerning LNG and Methane through member companies and other institutes.
- Counseling for member companies when they plan to convert a part of their fleet to LNG by dispatching experts.
- Cooperation with competent civil service and authorities in all matters concerning LNG as a fuel.
- Cooperation with all representatives of economic players, logistics companies, energy companies, as well as support for a continent-wide LNG fuelling system.
With respect to non-material measures
- Publication of a periodical Journal, writing of documents, teaching aids, expert opinions, books, slides, materials for workshops, information for continuous adult education.
- Holding LNG workshops and conferences aiming at continuous education and information about new developments in the relevant technical and economic domains.
- Training of employees from civil services and companies in logistics and fuelling by holding workshops, speeches, and similar events.
- Training and information on the teaching body of higher education (especially technology) and similar institutions for university students.
- The organization of study trips in and outside of Europe in order to expose those working with LNG to new technologies and procedures as well as new regulations.